The interrelated nature of business can be explored using business models, theories and techniques to support analysis of contemporary business issues and situations to provide a dynamic specification. The content is designed to engage students through topics and issues that are relevant in today’s society – they will study key contemporary developments such as digital technology and business ethics, and globalisation is covered throughout the topics.
Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions – all skills that are needed for further study and employment. Our question papers use a variety of assessment styles including multiple choice, short answer, data response, essay and case studies so that students feel more confident and engage with the questions. Real life case studies will be used wherever possible to make it easier for students to relate to and apply their knowledge and skills developed throughout the course.
The Subject content covers the following areas:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business,
- Choosing strategic direction,
The Academy’s general entry criteria of a minimum of five 4s at GCSE apply, including English Language and Maths.
Apply for This Course
Use our online application form available here.